Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Chilly like a willy up here

Went out today to interview a dude who makes $15,000 horse saddles out of carbon fiber and about lost it when we were talking about who I needed to speak to in the interview, and he says:
"You wanna do me? Well I want you to do my wife too... Okay then, you do me first then go in the back and do my wife, okay."
Four years of academic training couldn't help me there....
In other news, I got promoted today from an intern to a "full-time, primo reporter."
Interning for 3 days was about long enough I guess.
They better pay up though.
I rather enjoy the structured isolation that a cubicle offers. It's not as bad as people say it is.

4 comments:

rio said...

give that cubicle some time...give it time...

Vanessa said...

how do i subscribe to your blog or become your team member? You have your blog set to private I believe.

Vanessa said...

p.s. I have a cubicle, in the corner...it's a very sad, gray cubicle. You don't want my cubicle where no one talks to you.

Unknown said...

Dear R. Patrick, You sound like a very nice young man and it is so impressive that you were promoted after just three days.  I am sure you will have a very fruitful and financially rewarding career soon.  I suggest you finish school as soon as possible and get to work...the world needs someone like you in the workforce.

Love,

Your Father